The Water Atlas of the Netherlands
This unique version of the Bosatlas uses more then 300 maps and photos to explain all there is to know about Netherlands’ ways with water. A journey across the world of water!
Read and learn:
- how the new Delta-program safeguards the Netherlands agains climate changes;
- why every year thousands of new homes are built in polders several meters below sea-level;
- how energy and minerals are reclaimed from domestic waistwater;
- why the UNESCO assumes Kinderdike to be as special as Easter Island;
- how the waterlevel is lowered (and raised) in almost 4.000 polders;
- the final say on what parts of the Netherlands are in risk of flooding;
- why the port of Rotterdam and the Rhine river are internationally exceptional;
and much, much more!
With a foreword by the Dutch king, Willem-Alexander of Oranje.
Noordhoff Publishers, 2013, hardcover, 104 pages.